This weekend, I did some experimenting with different paints on silks, and got 2 very different results. The paints I used were Pebeo Setacolor Transparent and Genesis Liquid Radiance. I was aiming for a rainbow piece of fabric which will be cut into 2m ribbons.
First I used the Liquid Radiance, brushed on the colours with a foam brush and then blended them by rubbing the fabric with my fingers.
Then I stretched it out to dry on a plastic tablecloth on the carpet.
Where the wrinkles were on the wet fabric, show up as dark marks when it dried.
With the Setacolor, the painting technique was the same, but because the wet paint was puddling on the table under the fabric, I decided to hang this piece on a clothes airer instead. As the stripes of colour were a bit more uniform, the dripping/running paint didn’t cause any smearing. And it dried very quickly.
Tomorrow both fabrics will be ironed and then rinsed out.
The computer is being stupid and on a go slow night, and the mouse is not responding as it should, so all the garden photos will have to wait till tomorrow or whenever the computer lets me upload.
If this post appears for you, then the tab key will have gotten me as far as the Publish button.