We started the day with grading one primary colour, I demonstrated with red
Then using the other 2 primaries to make secondary colours.
With some of the left over weak dyes we made some lovely pastel neutrals
After the weekend, I had to use up the left overs as there were many cups with little bits in them.
This fabric was folded and sat upright in the cup and left overnight. You can see how the dye soaked its way up the fabric even to the folds.
When washed out it looked like this
Another piece was folded in triangles and dipped in 3 separate dishes – dilute lemon yellow, dilute fuschia and still plenty of colour diluted aubergine
And this is what it looked like rinsed out
And another piece using the same 3 colours, but folded differently
And lastly the left over fuschia, moroccan red, weak yellow and blue on a 1.5m piece.
I already have a quilt in mind for this piece of fabric
After finishing ironing all these fabrics, I went back to trimming the flying geese for my drunkards path quilt’s border, should be ready to show next week.