With another Indigo workshop happening this weekend, I made up a new brew, and tested it for colour, and tried out a few what-ifs.
Here are three scarves I chose to overdye, ones which for some reason didn’t quite make the grade for selling at markets.
And after dyeing –
The what-if experiment –
Having carefully removed each bundle from the vat into a large bowl, I had carried them outside to unwrap and hang. As the bowl had quite an amount of greenish liquid in it, I thought what if I put another bundle in the bowl to soak up the liquid, if it doesn’t work, no harm done and I’ll know that the liquid isn’t viable.
But wow – this is what happened to a small orangey silk scarf –
There might not have been much indigo left in the dregs, but the result really is something.
Now I’m off to try it again. 🙂